|A bad photo of the newest project. Simon is photobombing below.|
We got a bit of a tax refund, and most of it went towards bills, but we had decided that in spite of our difficult financial situation, this was a needed expenditure. And I do not regret it at all. I am in love. We now only have three pieces of furniture in our bedroom. The bed, and two bedside tabley type things. That’s it. No horizontal surfaces to clutter! We got rid of THREE dressers (two of which were set ablaze in the back yard and both went up like roman candles-the third is one I painted a tree on and it, along with our log-headboard is going up to seasonal vacation cabin in Prineville belonging to some relatives. The contents of those dressers filled about 60% of ONE 19” bay of this cabinet system. The rest was well... free storage. We did also purge a tremendous amount of stuff. I donated a bunch of crafty stuff to our local elementary school.
|Rod for large cabinet|
|Small pull-out hanger. Pretty sweet. 5 bucks too.|
|An approximation of the setup we have. I couldn't get the |
hanger rods to place in there.
|Doors look like different colours on the website, but the aren't.|
I am nearly finished with the top of the riding habit. I’m in a bit of a conundrum with the arrangement with the buttons. I may also have to cover them with a second layer of fabric since the metal is shining from underneath. ::grr:: I’m trying to get the piece finished for the Topsails & Tea event in May. Let’s hope my motivation carries me through. I will also need to make new stays pretty soon. YET AGAIN.
Anywho... that’s my boring update for now. I may have more interesting things to share in the next few posts. We shall see!
As you know, I can see how people come to this page, and I often check what people are searching for that brings them to my blog. This is hands-down one of my favourite search-word visitors so far (click to enlarge).