Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cupcakes, quietude and seam-ripping.

My young friend Stephanie (S-II) came by on Sunday to learn to make a gown from a pattern. On Saturday, I'd cracked out two gowns already and hers was the last one that needed done before the picnic this weekend. I didn't expect her to take on the project so emphatically, and she got the whole gown done that day. I didn't have to do very much, and spent most of the day tinkering around with silly things like adding lace trim while S-II tackled the hard stuff (mua ha).

She arrived bearing gifts (see above... see again just in case you didn't get the whole effect of numminess). She is an accomplished pastry chef, which means she is inherently evil. We drank tea, had some of these delicious treats, sewed, chatted, mumbled, giggled, and had an all around lovely Sunday.

I have an office special awaiting watercolours, but since I am pretty much swamped until next week, it may be a few days before I post it. Either way... have patience with me. I'll be back at it soon enough. ;)

Steph (the older one).

1 comment:

storybeader said...

sounds like a productive weekend. And delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails