Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Schmonday. ::bleaugh::

Well, it’s a Monday. Without a doubt. This month is going to be crazy. Along with the EPA reports that are due at the end of the month, we’ve got the adoption seminars until nine twice a week. I’m completely bewildered as to how we are going to manage it all, but hopefully we’ll pull through.

I made some more figurines for the lovely Miss Stephanie R. This time it was Spongebob Squarepants characters. :D  Here are some pictures she took. My favourite is Squidward. I accidentally broke Spongebob’s nose off, so I had to superglue it back on, so it looks like he’s got a snotty nose now. Oops! I like Patrick and Gary (you can’t see him well in the cake pic) the least.

Stephanie's Cake is faboo. I love the 'sand'.
AH-DERP DE DURRRRR!

Squidward looks like how I feel most of the time.

Who knew sponges could get congested?

I’ve been seeing the -16 lbs. a bit, especially in my face (and boobs). All I can focus on now is how uneven my skin looks! And my nose is red like I have gin-blossoms or something! I swear I am not a lush. Ha! I look tired because I AM. ::groan:: And to top it off I’ve had a day-long migraine that makes even wearing my glasses intolerable, so I’ve spent the day squinting with my face inches from my monitor. Attractive.

I cropped out my desk because it's a huge mess.
Weekend... let’s see. Saturday, hubby was off on his Ducati to ride with his fellow Ducati club members—so I had the day to sew. Unfortunately, since it’s been a full year since I actually sewed something, everything was just scattered everywhere or piled in corners in the catch-all room – Uh, I mean the guest room/possible kid’s room. So I spent Saturday digging through stuff and getting increasingly angry about the fact that I was digging through stuff. I picked up an old tack trunk and a huge tote full of fabric remnants and marched them to the end of the driveway and taped a free sign to them. Even on our less-traveled gravel road, someone came by on Sunday morning and took the stuff. That was easy enough. By the time moto-man got back from his 350 mile round trip, I had finally found my fabric and other elements for my project but was too pissed to do anything with it. So it’s all consolidated in a box for later sewing. I made meatballs instead and grumped around until bedtime.

Sunday was a fun day. In spite of a trip to the dump, and a breakfast that we had to wait an hour and a half for, I had a delightful time with my horse. I even made some stupid movies of him, as if they’re any different from all the other stupid movies I make of him. I can’t help it. He’s a golden horse-god, and he’s so beautiful in summer; his fuzzies gone, his thick neck, his handsome face. Just being around him brings my blood pressure down. I had a nice ride, worked the heck out of him (his fat pads on his shoulders are going down, hopefully the saddle will fit him properly again soon).




Then (with me reeking of horse and still soaked from giving him a bath and covered in dirt from the riding arena)we went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean. It was pretty good. I was glad there wasn’t the same old ‘forbidden love and misunderstanding’ story again with that kid and that chick. The visuals were pretty. I don’t know why they bothered making it in 3D, I don’t think it really gained anything with it. It was a relaxed day. I wish it hadn’t ended. Now it’s Monday. I don’t like Mondays.

Okay I’m done being a curmudgeon. My creative juices are nil today. No office specials for you! I’m going to start a photo-essay on this new dress project but I’m not posting it until it’s done. I also have to make a new set of stays because my old ones are no longer tight on me. I guess I am losing lots of weight, but I’m just not seeing it. I’m still at a plateau as of today. Hubby has lost 37 lbs. as of last Wednesday.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I love your horsey! He's gorgeous!

Great job on the Spongebob figures too.

Lauren said...

Good for you on the weight loss! That's awesome!

I'm glad your proceeding with the adoption info. I think it's a great choice :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails