Monday, January 25, 2010
10 Reasons Why I Think Mondays Suck:
1) It’s Monday.
2) It’s the day that ends the weekend.
3) It’s the day that ushers in four more days just like it.
4) It’s the day that reminds you that with responsibility; comes Mondays.
5) It reminds you how short life is, and how much of it we spend doing things we don’t really want to do.
6) It’s the day you can’t sleep in—and it brings with it more days where you can’t sleep in.
7) It’s the weekday that is the furthest one away from the next weekend.
8) It’s the longest day of the week; it’s a proven scientific fact. Each second is .88892% longer. Just because it’s Monday.
9) It’s the day that kicks you in the ass, and brings you back to reality after you’ve had a brief two-day taste of what life should *really* be like.
10) The Devil invented Mondays to torture humanity.
(I also heard that sometimes Mondays eat small children, kittens and puppies). Totally true.
Update: Because this is one of the most popular posts on my blog (gets lots of traffic from google searches for "Why Mondays Suck" and the like) I've decided to link my awful "Monday Must Die" poem to this page, so you can all be awed by my gift of prose... ::snicker:: Enjoy. ;)