Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Yay economy.

My husband was just laid off from his job with Vestas.

They apparently are implementing a 90% labour force cut from certain departments. Rumour has it that 140 poor souls were set adrift today, clutching the heartless agreement package in their hands, wondering what to do next.

I used to boast what a good company it was. ::sigh:: My poor husband is shell shocked. Having been with Consolidated Freighter for ten years, and going through the hellish bankruptcy process once, he has PTSD when it comes to this sort of thing. I guess one upside is.. no more travel.

So much for those environmental incentives that promised to boost green projects around the country and create more green-collar jobs... none of that happened... but the banks and insurance behemoths sure got their bailouts and the executives got their golden parachutes... no bitterness here, I promise.

I wonder how likely it will be for my husband to find a new job at that paygrade today in Oregon. About as likely as it is for pigs to sprout wings and fly, I'll wager.

No health insurance for him now, either. What to do, what to do?

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Steph. I hope he finds a job soon.

Charlotte said...

Oh hon, that's horrible. Although it will be good that you get to spend more time together.

The Dreamstress said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear! I really hope that he is able to find something else soon and that this turns out to be a good thing for you guys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails