Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Good Day, Ladies."


Caroline and her mother were surprised to meet a complete stranger on their daily stroll to visit cousin Alexandra. They'd never seen this gentleman before; and the encounter was most pleasant; for he took off his fine hat and bade them both a warm hello, his large eyes lingering on Caroline's pretty face for but a moment before he continue on his way.

When Caroline ventured to glance back, she discovered that he too was doing just the same. Her cheeks flushed, she hurried her mother along. She could scarce contain her excitement to learn more about this handsome stranger; surely Alexandra would know. Alexandra knows everything that goes on in Berryton.

_________________________________________________


The process of my drawings is a weird one. Almost every day at my work, during my break or lunch, I reach into my printer tray, grab a mechanical pencil, and then sit and think for a minute or two, maybe sip some tea, and then I draw.

A few months ago, while rummaging through the office supply closet, I found a package of erasable coloured pencils that had never been sharpened. SCORE! I use a sharpie or a fine-point pen to ink things in, erase the pencil, colour and ten or fifteen minutes later, voila. Cuteness.

My colour choices are limited, granted, but it gets the job done. I find it relaxing to just draw. I know I'm no art maven.. certainly not like this person (grr, I'm so jealous of this person), but I like the products on the most part. I imagine, given the proper art tools, good paper, a real studio, and more time, what I would make could potentially be much better than my "Office Specials". All in all... drawing makes me calm. And I really enjoy spinning little snippets of the story that goes along with the characters I draw. It's such fun.

4 comments:

Theodosia Pixietwist said...

I've been re-reading the Brambley Hedge books, and I think your little stories are just as cute. I wouldnt mind making a visit to Berryton for a few weeks :)

Liz Harrell said...

Oh my goodness! I just found your blog this morning and am in love with your drawings and stories! So glad I found you!

Hungarican Chick said...

Thanks Liz! How sweet! Your blog is wonderful too! I'll add it to my my blogroll.

Sharon said...

I just found your blog today and I, too, love your drawings and stories. I'm going to add you to my blogroll.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails