Now I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself, and pick 5 blogs to pass the award on to. So here goes:
Things about me (that I might have already mentioned before but am too lazy to go back to research it...)
1. I speak four languages; French (fluently), Dutch (moderately fluently but fading from lack of use), Spanish (meh... I could get by) and English, of course.
2. Pedicures are my guiltiest of pleasures.
3. During the 12 long years where I stopped riding, just the sight of horses or seeing or touching the contents of my tack boxes would make me cry. The sight of someone being harsh or mean to a horse (or any animal) sets my temper off like little else.
4. My favourite book of all time over any book (even Jane's books) is the Velveteen Rabbit. I have copies of that book, all of Beatrix Potters' books, and a number of other children's books that I've been holding onto for the child I hope to have someday.
5. I've been to pretty much every European country, as well as Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands--yet the last time I traveled anywhere outside the US was 1995. :(
6. I have an irrational aversion to cotton balls and wadding. Seriously. If there's cotton in the pill bottle, my skin will go cold and I'll feel physically ill unless someone gets it out of the way. Just writing about it has given me goosebumps. I'm dead serious. People think it's funny to tease me with cotton balls, but they have no idea how deep this dread of cotton balls goes. Yes, really. ::shudder:: Onto better subjects...
7. I love Jane Austen books and adaptations, but I despise romantic comedies and chick-flicks. I would rather watch something like Cloverfield or Transformers than something like 27 dresses or Love Actually. ::Gag::
Now onto the blogs I chose for this award. I watch A LOT OF BLOGS. I do, I can't help it. I love to find creative people... so I could probably easily award this to fifteen other bloggers as the original award required, but since again, I'm feeling lazy this Sunday (and I am about to go to the stable to see my stampy-hoofed monster beast), I am going to do as the Dreamstress did pick five for this award (as a side-note, if the Dreamstress hadn't given me the award to begin with, I would have probably picked her blog as a recipient...)
- Audrey Eclectic - She writes about her artwork and her life.
- Rare Bird - Fellow Oregonian, her artwork is simply hauntingly beautiful, and her blogs are delightful.
- Two Nerdy History Girls - Need no further explanation. It's a tremendous blog.
- New England Living - An exercise lovely living with a gritty, beautiful honesty.
- Adventures in Dressmaking - I am acquainted with this young woman, and she is a feisty, talented seamstress full of wonderful ideas.