Thursday, August 5, 2010

A bit star-struck still....

Yesterday, I decided to hit my favourite fabric store; Mill End Store.  This store is not a large chain, there are two stores, one in Beaverton and one about about two miles from my office; which makes it DANGEROUS.  I go there on my lunch sometimes if I need something.  I wanted to get some duck and other cottons for my transitional stays project, which I plan to attack this weekend, so I zipped out, and stopped there during my lunch hour. They have a really great selection of stuff. It attracts lots of area designers.  When Leanne Marshal of Project Runway won the show, I actually saw her there shopping in notions shortly after the show ended; she then moved to New York afterwards.  Well yesterday, I was bee-lining towards silk taffetta and guess who I saw there?

Seth Aaron Henderson Season 7 Project Runway WINNER! OMFG SQUEE!
He is SO adorable!  And he was having some seriously beautiful fabric measured out.  He is really nice, and was happy to answer my random questions and allow me to snap this picture of him. I'm such a dork.  Project Runway is among my guilty pleasures. I secretly want to steal Tim Gunn and fuss over him and bake him treats.  What I love about the show is that it is one of the few reality shows that requires ACTUAL TALENT to win.  I love it.  I told Seth Aaron I was so pleased that Portland area designers are kicking ass on the show, and that I was happy to see another Portlander on this new season. He told me he was included in the casting process and helped select her for the show. :)

Anyway... /gushing... Back to reality! LOL.

How did my purging go, you wonder? Well, honestly, it looks like we didn't make a dent.  But there is a significant pile in the second bedroom that shows that we did.  I got rid of A LOT of stuff; linens, chochkes, I'm also putting my Beacon Hill dollhouse up for sale (but I won't Goodwill it if someone doesn't take it), and a whole slough of other things. I'm so excited for the sale.  We will be at Mount Hood Village Resort on Saturday starting at 8AM.  There will be other sellers there, and our fire department is having a sale too up the road so maybe if you're an Oregonian, and you're up for a bit of a drive, you could make a day of it. ;)

Here is a horrid drawing I did while on a long phonecall yesterday. It's bad, and the colouring is way worse. But I haven't had a lot of time to play with details; especially since I spent so much of my lunch-hour browsing fabric and ogling Project Runway winners.

Owl and Pussycat in a pea-green boat.

Anyway... Have a lovely Thursday. I am going home to make waffles for my coworker. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails